Information We Collect
- Information you give us. When you sign up to use a Kabuni service, enter a contest sponsored by Kabuni, or otherwise interact with Kabuni, you may voluntarily provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, credit card, or other billing information, your date of birth, geographic area, biographical information, or preferences. You may also provide us with information when you make a purchase, or send us customer service-related requests. If you are a designer, you may provide us with your bank account or other payment information in order to receive payments from us.
- Information we collect from your use of our services. Kabuni’s websites or online services may use “cookies” or other technologies in order to automatically collect certain information from you, such as your IP address or other device address or ID, location information, web browser, or device type, operating system version, the web pages, or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from Kabuni, you may not be able to utilize the features of our online services to their fullest potential. To provide location-based services, and where available, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect and use information relating to the geographic location of your computer or device. Unless you provide consent, this location information is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Kabuni to provide and improve location-based products and services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect on our services to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of our services. For example, this information allows us to collect payment at checkout and ship the goods you purchase to your designated shipping address. We also use this information to ensure that our services are technically functioning, and to help us identify and troubleshoot issues. We also use your personal information in order to contact you to provide you with customer service, to follow up on your orders or to inform you of changes to our services. When you contact us with comments or questions, we use the information you provide in order to respond to your comments and questions, and provide you with support in using our services. If you have opted-in to receive our newsletter or other marketing communications from us, we use your personal information in order to send you these messages.
We use the information we collect on our services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve our services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. We also use this information in order to provide a more convenient and personalized service. For example, by remembering your device information, we allow you to stay logged-in to your Kabuni account even after you close your browser or application, for more convenient access. For this reason, if you are using a public or non-secure computer or device, you should always make sure you log out of your Kabuni account before closing your browser or application. We may also use this information in order to provide customized advertisements, content, and information. For example, knowing your location information allows us to display products and information that is closer to where you live and to show prices in your local currency. We may also use this information in order to: (i) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our services and third-party marketing activities; (ii) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (iii) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on our services.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes with your specific consent or as authorized or required by law.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose personal information about you that we collect on our services to parties outside of Kabuni, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We may disclose your personal information to parties outside of Kabuni if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Any personal information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of our services will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- Any personal information that you provide in order to have goods delivered to you will be provided to the applicable supplier responsible for fulfilling the shipment of your order.
- In using our services, you may collaborate with one or more designers, and a designer may be automatically assigned to your account. These designers may have access to the information regarding your location and the goods that you have purchased and will be able to contact you using our in-service messaging applications.
- We work with third party service providers to provide information processing, payment processing, fulfillment, delivery, customer service, hosting, development, maintenance, application, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your personal information as part of providing those services for us. For example, when you purchase a product on Kabuni, your payment information is transferred to our third party payment processor, who collects the payment from you and remits it to us. In addition, we may use a third party application that integrates with our platform in order to facilitate communications with our customers. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we ensure that they are under an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- We may disclose information about you if we believe that it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to comply with a legally enforceable request made by a judicial or governmental authority. We also may disclose information about you to a person who needs it because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual. We may also disclose information about you where we determine it is necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, investigate potential violations, or to detect or prevent fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity. We also reserve the right to disclose information about you where we determine it is necessary to protect against harm to our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others, as required or permitted by law.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets, in accordance with and as permitted by law.
We may make certain aggregated or otherwise non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through our services. We reserve the right to process, sell, trade or rent aggregated or anonymous information that is not associated with or linked to an identifiable individual.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, or withdraw your consent, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of our services. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by signing in to your account and accessing your account preferences. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving marketing communications from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com, or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of marketing communications that you receive from us in user account functionality of our services. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, you will continue to receive service-related communications, such as customer service messages, safety or security information, or information regarding changes to our services. Because such service-related communications are important to your use of Kabuni’s services, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
Kabuni’s websites and online services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through our services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites, or services to which links or access are provided through our services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our services are intended for a general audience but are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We retain your personal information only as long as required, to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. When personal information is no longer required for those purposes, or as required by law, we will delete or destroy the information or make it anonymous.
We have implemented physical, organizational and technological measures in order to maintain the integrity and security of the personal information that we collect, use or disclose. For example, we ensure that Kabuni employees are made aware of the importance of appropriately and securely handling personal information, to keep it in secure locations and systems, and to limit access to personal information to those with a need to know it for business reasons. Kabuni regularly reviews its security measures in order to ensure that they provide an appropriate level of protection, taking into consideration the level of sensitivity of the personal information collected by Kabuni.
Kabuni’s websites and services are hosted in Canada and the United States. Accordingly, you should note that your personal information may be collected, used, processed or stored in Canada or the United States. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or a country which restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction or region without your consent, you consent to your personal information being transferred outside of the European Economic Area or your country for processing or storage by, or on behalf of Kabuni.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We encourage you to revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on our website and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will place a prominent notice of the change at kabuni.com/terms. Depending on the circumstances, we may also send you an electronic message notifying you of the changes. Your continued use of Kabuni’s services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents of Canada
If you reside in Canada, you have the right to request that we disclose (i) which personal information regarding you is under our control, (ii) how we have used such information, and (iii) the identity of the individuals or organizations we have disclosed such information to. You may request such disclosure by contacting us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Chief Legal Officer
Kabuni Technologies Inc.
111-375 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1H5